UNITRONIC® BUS PA
- FC (Fast Connect) version is oil- and UV-resistant
- Application in process automation for connecting sensors and actuators - including areas with risks of explosion.
- Fixed installation
- Bit rate = 31.25 kbit/s. Transmission technology RS485 also possible but limited to 1.5 Mbit/s
- Maximum cable length is dependent on several factors (e.g. supply voltage, current demand).
- Technical data: refer to the overview "UNITRONIC® BUS cables"
- Flame-retardant according to IEC 60332-1-2
Norm references / approvals
- PROFIBUS PA is standardised in EN 50170 as PROFIBUS-DP and PROFIBUS-FMS
- Transmission technology for PROFIBUS-PA in accordance with international standard IEC 61158-2
- FC version with
UL/CSA certification (CMG / PLTC)
- UNITRONIC® BUS PA (BU/BK)
Braided conductor, core colours: red and green, copper braiding, PVC sheath, colour: blue (intrinsically safe area), colour: black (non-intrinsically safe area)
- UNITRONIC® BUS PA FC (BU/BK)
Solid conductor, UL/CSA CMG certification and "Fast Connect" cable design, which enables the use of a IDC connector (Insulation Displacement Connection).
- ETIM 5.0 Class-ID: EC000830
- ETIM 5.0 Class-Description: Data cable
Peak operating voltage
- (not for power applications)
- (loop): max. 44 ohm/km
Minimum bending radius
- Fixed installation: 10 x outer diameter
- Core/Core: 1500 V eff.
- 100 ±20 ohm
- Fixed installation:
-30°C to +80°C
- During laying: -5°C to +50°C
Unless otherwise specified, the product values shown are nominal values. You can receive further values, such as tolerances, upon request if they available and have been released for publication.
Copper price basis: EUR 150/100 kg; see catalogue appendix T17 for the application and definition of "Metal price basis" and "Metal index"
Please find our standard lengths at: www.lappkabel.de/en/cable-standardlengths
Packaging: Ring ≤ 30 kg or ≤ 250 m, otherwise drum
Please specify the preferred packaging (e.g. 1 x 500 m drum or 5 x 100 m rings)
SIMATIC® is a registered trademark of Siemens AG
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent detailed images of the respective products.